2016 XXI Symposium on Signal Processing, Images and Artificial Vision (STSIVA 2016), the most traditional academic event specialized on signal processing in Colombia, will be hosted at Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana campus Bucaramanga, from August 31st to September 2nd, 2016. The symposium program will feature high-profile keynote lectures, workshops, oral and poster sessions, and exhibitions.
Bucaramanga is the capital city of the department of Santander. It is also known as “La Ciudad de Los Parques” (“The City of Parks”) due to the extensive number of parks scattered throughout the city. Numerous prestigious universities are retrieved in the city including the Pontifical Bolivarian University campus Bucaramanga which opened in 1991 in the Archdiocesan Seminary and since 1998 it is established on the Piedecuesta highway.
All are encouraged to submit papers to be considered for presentation at the STSIVA 2016 in the following categories:
- C1: Undergraduate course projects.
- C2: Undergraduate final projects.
- C3: Graduate final projects or doctoral dissertations.
- C4: Research group or professional projects.
Symposium themes include, but are not limited to:
- Signal Processing Techniques and Application
- Image and multi-Dimensional Signal Processing
- Video Processing: motion estimation, activities and surveillance
- Computer Vision: 3D reconstruction and recognition
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
- DSP- and FPGA-based Applications
- Voice, Audio and Multimedia Processing
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Signals, Images and Computer Vision in Education
Papers can be submitted in English or Spanish. All papers will be peer reviewed. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the STSIVA online proceedings. In addition, papers written in English (categories C2, C3 and C4) will be indexed by IEEE Xplore.
The best 10 papers will be invited to submit an extended version for a special issue to the Journal Puente.
- Abstract submission deadline: Extended to May 02, 2016 / Notification: May 16, 2016.
- Paper submission deadline: Extended to June 23, 2016 / Notification: July 22, 2016.
- Camera-ready paper deadline: August 12, 2016.
- STSIVA’16: August 31 – September 2, 2016